Sunday, June 19, 2011

What I have been doing + Summer Plans (not a lot!)

Jai mains Kat? I'll main Akali XDD

I really had a good amount of things that I wanted to do over the summer, mainly posting more videos. However, my hard drive isn't exactly in tip-top shape, nor is it that fast (It's a 4 y-o 5400RPM SATA), meaning it's hard to capture footage without hiccups. Of course, I COULD buy PlayClaw since it has more options for CPU/HD-based compression. Unfortunately, I'm pretty broke right now.

Anyways, I have been practicing my drawing. For those who don't know, I do have a deviantArt account (http://sakuyafm.deviantart.com), which I'll also link on the sidebar. I'm terrible, but you have to realize, I am terrible at organic drawing. Curves aren't my thing. I like sharp lines, something more prominent in man-made objects like weapons, buildings, vehicles, etc. I'd like to use Photoshop for it, like the guys in Riot Games, but I'm sure they use Cintiq LCD Tablets, so they have more precision. I like Paint Tool Sai's stabilizer function, but I love being able to free transform my work. I've had instances where I had misproportions that I wanted to correct.

Gaming-wise, still pretty mix around. I do play League of Legends at least once a day for that bonus, even if it's just a co-op game. I just don't like playing Solo queue anymore, but it's just as bad when you're with friends who are new. My friend who basically mains (I should say instalock, but meh) Teemo is okay. She is good for her ELO + level range. However, my other friend that mains Kog'Maw is just... I don't know. You teach him as much as you can, plus have my Teemo friend yell at him constantly, but nope.

Other than that, I've been playing some Eden Eternal with a bunch of friends, though one of them is going to Taiwan over the summer (and that makes me sadface). Either way, the game is pretty fun, and it's a very social game (by social I mean fun to play with people you know). Yes, there's also a thing called "talk to new people" but really, MMOs have not been my thing. APB is fun and all, but there's a bit of imbalance with guns, plus shitty matchmaking makes the game nearly unplayable. It's also poorly optimized. I don't have the best PC, but setting everything to low has no difference from setting everything to max.

Also, in about 4-5 hours, the 4rd Place match between Team SoloMid and Counter Logic Gaming will be up, as well as the rest of the Season One Closing Championships in Dreamhack all the way from Sweden. It'll be an awesome time!

Quickie summer plans? Not a lot. Hang out with my buddy Arik (@BlaneUSMC) before he leaves for Marine Combat Training. Start playing duo queue with trusted people. Draw more. Oh, and try to get a job, as well as build up my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment